Friday, November 10, 2006

May God have mercy on our souls...

I don't know what to do. I don't even know if I should be writing this. I don't know if it's safe, I don't know who I can trust. I only pray that by posting this, I afford myself some protection from those that would judge me afterwards... if there IS an afterwards.
The "friends" in figtree & friends have gone mad with power! That's it in a nutshell. When they began creating things in Second Life, I was delighted. The donut with its sprinkles looked delicious. What could possibly be wrong with that?
But "delicious" wasn't enough for them. They wanted to bring the donut to life. I pleaded with them: "You're tampering with forces you don't understand! For Gods' sake, consider the implications of what you're doing!"
They pretended to agree with me, they promised they wouldn't continue with their experiments, wouldn't attempt to bring the donut to life, to make it sing and dance.
But last night—
My hands are shakoing so much, I acn barely type! That image will be seared in my brain forever!
I was hiking around ATEC island, investigating the curious disappearance of all the foliage. Hoping to find some evidence that it wasn't my friends' insanity that had caused the black fungus to spread over the island. In the distance I thought I saw some avatars in the twilight. The sun shone in my eyes, making it hard to see, but I could SWEAR I saw a large round object with a hole in it moving around the other humanoids. As I approached I began to hear voices, indistinct, but they sounded cruel and threatening! I thought I heard a voice shout, "Sing for your supper, donut, or I'll tear you a new hole!"
As I got closer I heard another voice say, "Be cool! Someone's coming!" By the time I got close enough to see and hear the scene clearly, there were only my friends there. They assured me I must have been hallucinating.
"A singing donut!? Are you high?" they said. Their mocking laughter hurt me.
I want to believe that I was just seeing things. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I guess it is possible that the reflection of the sun on the water created a donut-shaped mirage in the mist. And the whistling wind could have distorted the voices I heard, changing them sinister to reflect the demons in my own head.
Perhaps i am the one who is being cruel, by putting my own dementia onto my dear friends, who have only helped me. They don't deserve to be treated like this! I'm ashamed of myself for posting this.
I probably just need a good nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home